The two nearest NOAA weather transmitters to here
are 50 miles away, in adjacent counties.  The NOAA
site shows coverage to about half of our county to be,
"0dBuV to 18dBuV: picking up a signal is possible but unreliable"

A NOAA antenna at about 45 feet and a Radio Shack
receiver allows us to automatically turn on the
repeater transmitter with NOAA audio when there
is a tornado or severe thunderstorm warning.

The locals appreciate it (they like to tell us
about hearing the Wednesday tests) and we have
not had a complaint yet.