In reference to below, what would be the real advantage to using CP antennas in
addition to the V and H you'd have already?  Any signal that arrives will
excite a V and/or H antenna according to it's arriving polarization, and I
don't see where CP would be a help.

Most FM broadcasters use CP.  Those that don't are licensed for only V or H or
choose to use a less-expensive single-polarization antenna.  And many of them
look like rototillers, and other shapes.

Laryn K8TVZ