Have you ever seen 53.400 or 53.500 MHz used?

Also keep in mind that changing the frequency is not an option for him, as:

1. He is using 5 of the 9 6M RC frequencies available on 6M.

2. He believes that any repeater within 100 kHz is in "his passband".

3. He doesn't want a repeater anywhere in the 52-54 MHz repeater segment
due to "interference concerns". He is basically laying claim to HALF of
the 6M band.

The 50.800 - 51.000 MHz segment was already suggested as an option.

Joe M.