Seems rather insane to feel the need to operate an RC Airplane at
frequencies that are known for ducting/skipping and actually being
somewhat functional in NLOS conditions - it screams "I want to be
interfered with!".  2390-2400 MHz seems about the right place to run an
RC airplane thats not actually a "drone" - and the spectrum is
practically worthless for anything else except linking LOS repeaters and
data work and even then its fairly rare.

JS