At 03:41 PM 08/29/10, you wrote:
>Just acquired a MSR 2000 VHF base station at a Hamfest.  It had a
>problem in the PA Deck (intermittent duty 100 watt version) but I
>have fixed that already (bad solder joint on one of the output
>transistors).  It is a two receiver carrier squelch only model.

Probably looks a lot like the one at the top of the web page
at <http://www.repeater-builder.com/msr2000/msr2000-index.html>

>I found a copy of the RF manual on the net to download,

The files that members of the repeater-builder mailing list scanned
and I put on that page have been ripped off by several other web sites.

>but have not been able to find a copy of the control deck manual yet.

Moto still sells it so we can't scan it and PDF it yet.
Most of the cards are identical to those in a Micor except for the
connector and the paint.  Many of the interfacing articles for Micor
stations apply.

>Does anyone know where I can get a PDF copy?

Not from repeater-builder.com

>Has anyone used one of these to build a two meter repeater?

Lots of folks.  A while back the Canadian govt surplused about 600
of the ones that were factory built on 136-150 MHz.  Most went into
ham repeater use.

>Will the Intermittent duty PA survive at half power?

No.  Most of the time it gets dirty at about 50%.  Run it at
about 60% and use fans.  See the comments on that web page.

>Any help would be appreciated.

Start reading the web page.

>The machine is set up for wireline tone 2 frequency right now.

There are interfacing articles on the page so you don't need to reinvent the
wheel.
If you do come up with a different type of wheel or a different way to retread
the tire please write another article.

>Thanks,
>Dan

Mike WA6ILQ