One option is to move all the "playback" options out of the main menu, and into the WPS context menu, as well as any of the options in the "sound" menu which don't affect audio in plugins with audio (for example, is bass and treble applied to gameboy games? I really don't know the answer to this one.)

We have the context menu, and I really feel in some cases it's becoming more cluttered than necessary already, but I think a lot of menu options can be moved into it from the global menu structure. You'd still leave them in the global menu, but I feel that in essence, any option that isn't an "initial setup" sort of option (status bar, LCD settings) probably has at least one context where it should be in the menu.

I think what I'm getting at, is that I feel that once you've set initial settings in the main menu, it should be possible to use the player without making use of anything but the context menu, if it's populated properly. I'm not sure how this will work out in reality, but that might cover the simple/advanced concept, since the context will be pretty much "Simple, for what I'm doing"

Steve Bavin wrote:
> I strongly disagree with this idea.  One man's esoteric is another man's
> essential.

Of course, but if we were to eventually decide to move some options out
of the main menu, it'd more or less be a matter of majority-rule. I
don't disagree with Steve's statement - it's almost my point. For almost
every option, there are those who consider it essential, and those that
consider it useless.

The challenge is of course to identify which options are useless for
most, and only essential for a small group to make the remaining setting
relevant to as man people as possible. Of course it should also be taken
into considerations which options are used often, and which are used rarely.

--
Jonas H
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk