On 8/23/06, Jonas H <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That's of course an option, but it'd be much nicer to have a dedicated
.cfg editor, that allowed you to see the possible values, so you
wouldn't have to type them out, you could just select them. I imagined
something like the text viewer, except with a cursor that selects the
value, and when you press a button, a screen pops up with that setting's
possible values. That would of course require a non-trivial amount of
both coding and maintenance.

I quite like that idea. Firefox works a bit like this and I think it works quite well. You have the most used options in the settings menu, but can do all the tweaking you want using about:config.