This is a bad option.. all settings should be available on the DAP. A
nicer option is maybe having 2 sets of options, "simple" and
"advanced" where the only difference is some options are not visible
in "simple" mode.
I like the idea!

The reason I dislike (despise is probably closer, in fact) the
"Simple/Advanced" system that simply adds more options when advanced is
enabled, is that you have no idea where to look for advanced options and
they are usually not easy to find.
Why aren't they easy to find?
If e.g. the options "crossfeed" and "stereo width" would be advanced options,
you'll still find them at the "sound settings menu" - when you're in advanced mode.

It's not harder than now!??

Another idea: we could keep the options where they're now and establish such
an simple/advanced system where some of the options are marked as advanced
and only visible when you enable the "advanced menus" option
AND
we could make that flag user configurable, so every user would  be able to
define menu points as "simple" or as "advanced".
(we could store that information also in a text file)

Although I would like to have a fully user configurable menu system,
where it is possible to create your own menus...
(or at least some kind of "favorites")
But I already here somebody crying "feature bloat" ;-)

with regards,
Matthias (aka Massa)