devzero2000 wrote:

> > I watch and think whether I should … it certainly would be popular
> > to flip RPM to cmake instead. And I'm pretty sure that devzero200 would
> > like to see colorized based on his nicely done POPT AutoFu.
>
> But the popt autogen.sh seems to be failing on gettext, as it is looking
> for gettext-runtime ("gettext") rather than gettext-tools ("gettextize")
>
> Very strange. Are you looking to popt 1.17 devel autogen ? I could have very
> surprise for this. It is so "standard" for the autofu way to do this....

Yes, the internal popt (1.17.DEVEL) as populated by devtool checkout.

There is nothing strange about the actual command ("autoreconf -vfi"),
the failure is when checking for $buildreq as per the README-prereq.

It checks the version of gettext and (g)libtool, even if not used ?
The actual bootstrap uses autopoint and libtoolize, not the runtimes.

It's only a "problem" because my /opt/gettext doesn't have a gettext.

--anders

PS. Whether it's autopoint or gettextize doesn't really matter here.
I only meant that I don't have gettext-runtime installed by default.