Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

> NIce!
>
> Be forewarned however:
>
>       RPM_I18NSTRING_TYPE -> RPM_STRING_TYPE for
>       description/summary/group has already been achieved in rpm-5.4.9.
>
> The remaining work (this month, will be in rpm-5.4.9 when released if
> I don't get sucked into some CVE black hole) will propagate the
> change all the way through to rpmbuild, where the syntax in
> *.spec files to identify localization is also going to be removed.

I don't think changing devtool.conf to a db version that actually
exists/works is going to change that, but thanks for the warning.

./rpmdb/rpmdb.h:435: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before
'DB_SEQUENCE'
./rpmdb/rpmdb.h:492: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'DB_LOGC'

There was some issue with the (ancient) default perl5.8 in MacPorts
not liking -rpath, but fixed it in the port. Otherwise 5.4.8 was OK.

There is no db53 in FreeBSD Ports yet, and they have removed the
minor version so the port is now db5 (currently at version 5.2.42)

--anders