On 12/03/22 18:38, Richard Hector via rsync wrote:
And I do my backups (using dirvish) as root, using a key with a forced command.

FWIW, that forced command is here:

https://github.com/rwhector/dirvish-forced-command

It's rather unpolished and undocumented, but comments very welcome :-)

I've also had an issue due to some server-side-only arguments to rsync being undocumented, which means I can't validate them, and basically have to accept anything ... I'd love to know why this is or has to be the case :-) I didn't get any particularly useful answers back in January 2019 ...

Cheers,
Richard