For what its worth I went back to my old Hoquat catalogs (1983) to check on the JC cars. JC produced seven different car kits in both corrugated and smooth side versions. They were: 18 roomette, diner, coach, coach/baggage/dorm, RPO, baggage mail and baggage. I had no listing for an observation in either style. Kits were $23.00

Jeff Wilson

Hoquat Hobbies