As Bob noted already, LWS offered white-metal sideframes, but perhaps what he
is also talking about is the lost-wax AAR type Athat I think were produced for
G&W, and which often ended up with Cascade/Beveridge drives--both of which are
on the first Miller Alco unit I found after getting into S scale.  The unit had
been bashed about a bit and was missing a few details and one of the brass
journals (which I would still like a proper replacement for--I fabricated a
functional replacement, and the locomotive runs all right, but I'd much prefer
a journal that LOOKS like the others).  The G&W not only look great but are
also sprung.
For the second Miller, it also came with the Cascade drive but LWS sideframes;
I was able to obtain a set of Alco Blunts from Dick Karnes and had been
fiddling with trying to get the Cascade gearboxes into them and fabricate a
decent bolster to hold everything together, so that it will really end up as an
S-2.  Railmaster won't sell the sideframes separately (I assume Dick had them
left over from another project), probably because the molds produce all the
parts for one kit in the same casting.  In any event I asked and was told "No."

Jace Kahn

General Manager
Ceres & Canisteo RR Co./Champlain County Traction Co.

When it comes to what I intend to use it for
(modifying the AM Baldwin truck sideframes to replace the roller bearing cast
detail with friction journal detail)... replacement switcher side frames won't
work UNLESS it is slightly longer in wheelbase to fit the AM
Baldwin.

Copish?

SW-1:

Have considered one... but at this point have not decided to take the
SW-1 plunge.  Curious though, what model/mfg is it?

Andre

There was a Type Switch
  engine truck casting kit back in the "good ol' days". I built a set for my
  SW-1. I can't remember the name, now, but the late Walt Danylak was behind
the
  effort. Maybe some of the list members have more info.

Want to buy a
  sweet running SW-1?

boB Nicholson

___