I know SAM and ZX
header length are not the same so when a spectrum(emu) tries to load a SAM
header there will be
a checksum error and it will try the next part in tap file. Correct me if
I'm wrong.

There is no checksum error. Headers have different ID (ZXS uses 0 for header, while Sam doesn't), so ZXS will never load a Sam header. Reversely, Sam ROM uses a very special approach resulting in that it actually loads anything from either ZXS or Sam. I implemented this into my handler too, so if you put a ZXS tape into ASCD, it will load in Sam mode (but you get nonsense when loading Basic program). Summary: ZXS and Sam tape images can live together.

/--
Aley