From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Stuart Brady
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 2:33 AM
To: sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
Subject: Re: Christmas Present

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 11:59:47PM -0000, Johnna wrote:
> They're just for dumping Spectrum ROM's onto a coupe for those games
> that couldn't load because of difficult loaders.

We'd usually load games on the Spectrum and then transfer them across...
There were some that didn't like the NMI (Paperboy springs to mind), but I
never actually tried loading them using the Coupe!

If your Spectrum's keyboard was useless, you could copy the initial state
from the Spectrum to the SAM, type LOAD "" on the SAM, copy it back to the
Spectrum, play the tape, and then copy back to the SAM!

> Handy if you've a load of Spectrum games you want to convert, but not
> necessary now we have the Internet and access to ROM files.

AFAICS, there were only really three main reasons for using the SAM to play
Spectrum games -- you didn't have a working spectrum, you wanted to play
with the palette, or you wanted snapshots.  :-)

BTW, does anyone know the format used for the messenger snapshots? It really
ought to be in the CSS FAQ.  (Unless it's the +D format, in which case it's
already there.)

Cheers,
--
Stuart Brady