From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ian Collier
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 11:16 AM
To: sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
Subject: Re: Christmas Present

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 01:33:25AM +0000, Stuart Brady wrote:
> BTW, does anyone know the format used for the messenger snapshots? It
> really ought to be in the CSS FAQ.  (Unless it's the +D format, in
> which case it's already there.)

As far as I know, a Messenger snapshot is a 64K file containing a complete
memory dump (including ROM).  The contents of the registers are stored in a
22-byte block which ends at 0x3d00 (um, so that'd be 0x3cea starting
address) in the same format as the register block of a Sam/+D SNAP file
(where the register block is stored starting at byte 220 of the directory
entry).  Which seems to mean that they are in the
order:

 IY IX DE' BC' HL' AF' DE BC HL Ir SP

"Ir" is actually a spare byte followed by the contents of the I register.
The R register, interrupt flag, value of AF and the execution address (PC)
are all popped off the stack once the snapshot is loaded.

imc