Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Namens Greg Koch
Verzonden: dinsdag 27 mei 2008 17:40
Aan: Adam Williams
CC: samba@lists.samba.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] Roaming Profiles Load Very Slowly

The profiles are 1.1MB (Just the default files and a few other things to test with). The server is 1000MB and the clients are 100MB. This is why it has baffled me so much!

Adam Williams wrote:
how big are the profiles? what speeds are the NICs in the
server and
client PCs operating at?

Also, I've found that roaming profiles seem to choke when you've got lots of very small files. Those files are usually in local settings under the profile, but not always. I had the back end running on top of reiserfs over gigabit, so I think the bottleneck is Windows processing all of them. However, I don't have any objective data whatsoever to back these claims up; take them with a grain of salt. What kind of times are you seeing? Is it possible you have stuff timing out for various reasons (permissions, broken links, name resolution, etc.)?