Charles Marcus wrote:
DNS was my kneejerk reaction, too, but I thought that it would be
good to mention small files which may or may not be in local
settings.

Another thought that just occurred, there seems to be a significant
speed difference when the Web Client service is turned off.  Many
thanks to John Terpstra and Jelmer Vernooij for this tip in TOSHARG
(the book is worth its weight in gold, and it isn't light!).  With
the Web Client service on, it almost feels like you've got a bit of
browsing issue. --

Interesting - just checked, and googled on that service, and it does appear to be useless. I disabled it to see if I notice any difference - not that I was having any problems...

Network browins does seem a *little* snappier - hard to tell, though, since I never complained about it before...

Try it with a redirected desktop ;) You can feel the latency with it on (or, at least, I can. It might also be psychological).