fwiw, I've interviewed my fair share of CISSPs who didn't have a basic
understanding of infosec... with the boot camps these days, people don't
"learn" anything... they cram for 1-2 wks, shoving everything into
short-term rote memory, and then they take the test and promptly forget
everything... this is especially true since the feds began mandating
CISSPs for contractors... at least here in the DC metro, the pool of
candidates has become extremely watered down over the last 5 or so years...

Joe Teff wrote:
> I notice certs like CISSP when hiring. It says the person has a basic
> understanding of all IS security areas. Nothing more. If someone can't
> pass the CISSP then I have to wonder why.

Benjamin Tomhave, MS, CISSP
fal...@secureconsulting.net
LI: http://www.linkedin.com/in/btomhave
Blog: http://www.secureconsulting.net/
Photos: http://photos.secureconsulting.net/
Web: http://falcon.secureconsulting.net/

[ Random Quote: ]
"I think there should be something in science called the 'reindeer
effect.' I don't know what it would be, but I think it'd be good to hear
someone say, 'Gentlemen, what we have here is a terrifying example of
the reindeer effect.'"
Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy