If you are going to do a make mrproper you might want to save the
/usr/src/linux-2.4/.config file first or you will lose whatever config you
were trying to use.

It doesn't make a difference what order you run make modules or make
bzImage.

Gerry

--
"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne" Chaucer