> Well, that is not the case for the current parser cache, neither in MW nor in
> SMW. But if course it could be achieved with some server-side cronjobs.
Ah, I didn't knew about MW cronjobs. That sounds nice. Will try to
find out some examples. Maybe you're right that such functionality
shouldn't belong to main application itself..

> Which is due to the lack of caching ...
Well, yes. Of course if someone wants to slow down the site, he could
use many different queries. But, it can be traced with apache logs and
banned by IP..

> My strong hope is that none such query is possible. If security issues with
> queries should exist, I would like to find them rather sooner than later.
I hope that, too.

> I expected that it would be possible to limit Special page access based on
> some MW mechanism already. Is there no way of configuring MediaWiki this way?
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Special_page#Restricted_special_pages
e.g.
includes/SpecialBlockip.php
contains the following check:

        # Permission check
        if( !$wgUser->isAllowed( 'block' ) ) {
                $wgOut->permissionRequired( 'block' );
                return;
        }

BUT, I've remebered that "further results" links are Special:Ask with
query parameters. In such case, "further results" would be unavailable
to anonymous users, which is sad. Only if every ask query had it's own
ID, which would be passed to "further results" page instead of query
itself... Maybe I am asking too much and IP ban (see above) is enough.
Dmitriy