On Mittwoch, 4. März 2009, Patrick Nagel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since I need our SMW to output ISO8601 date output (see [1]) I wrote a
> quick patch to SMW_DV_Time.php that honours the (newly introduced)
> $smwgISO8601DateOutput variable.
>
> Could something like this be included in SMW?

Yes. I suggest a slightly different control interface, though. The output is
only a problem for #ask queries, right? My suggestion is to use the existing
"printout modifier" mechanism that works for #ask printouts, so that one can
choose for each single printout which format to use. Example:

{{#ask: ...
| ?end date#ISO
}}

This will show a three column table with start date in localized format and
end date in ISO 8601 format. The ISO date is always completed (assuming
January and 01 as defaults for month and day as in sorting). The time
component may be omitted. If given, the time is separated by "T" as defined in
the spec. Years are padded up to four digits, so you get things like
"0010-05-06". Negative years, as suggested by ISO, represent BC dates, with 0
corresponding to 1 BC, -1 corresponding to 2 BC, and so on.

All implemented in SVN.

Have fun,

Markus

P.S. I am very busy right now: it will take me some time to process other
contributions. Please be patient, and possibly send a reminder if I should
miss any contribution. Filing a bug/feature request + patch is of course the
best thing to ensure things are not forgotten.

--
Markus Krötzsch
Semantic MediaWiki    http://semantic-mediawiki.org