Hi,

it's me again... I thought some more about

On 2009-03-05 03:09, Markus Krötzsch wrote:
> I suggest a slightly different control interface, though. The output is
> only a problem for #ask queries, right?My suggestion is to use the existing
> "printout modifier" mechanism that works for #ask printouts, so that one can
> choose for each single printout which format to use. Example:
>
> {{#ask: ...
> | ?end date#ISO
> }}

I think it would be best to also have a possibility to set the SMW-wide default
to ISO8601, like in my proposal. Adding a possible printout modifier value
"localized" (which would override the SMW-wide default setting) would then give
all possibilities.

My reason behind this: I think users who are accustomed to the ISO8601 date
format will find it peculiar to see the localised dates, which are still the
unchangeable default in your implementation, and they show up in the Browse
Properties output, for example.

Patrick.

--
Key ID: 0x86E346D4            http://patrick-nagel.net/key.asc
Fingerprint: 7745 E1BE FA8B FBAD 76AB 2BFC C981 E686 86E3 46D4