My aggregated comments:
* ISO dates are not generally accepted as inputs. this is so because the
default ISO order of date parts is not the same as the preferred default order
in most languages (even in English). One could attempt a work-around based on
the fact that all ISO years must be 4 digits long. I think there is even a bug
for this already.
* I can imagine a global "date format" switch that may be set to ISO to make
it a default for all dates. But I do not know which printout modifier to use
for "normal" dates then (note that "ISO" is rather language neutral). I am
thus inclined to opt against this extension.

-- Markus

On Donnerstag, 5. März 2009, CNIT wrote:
> Patrick Nagel пишет:
> > I'll try to come up with a patch that makes SMW understand more ISO8601
> > dates. I will only implement the (recommended) "extended format" (with
> > hyphens / colons), not the "basic format" (without hyphens / colons). I
> > don't know about week dates and ordinal dates yet, maybe in a second
> > step.
>
> Ordinal dates as input are very nice thing, they allow easily to build
> anniversaries
> (memorable events that happened on the same day in previous years).
> I was hoping to implement something like this myself, but not having enough
> free time (and my coding probably is not reliable enough).
> Dmitriy

Markus Krötzsch
Semantic MediaWiki    http://semantic-mediawiki.org
http://korrekt.org    mar...@semantic-mediawiki.org