On 10/3/2016 12:13 PM, Matthieu Baechler wrote:
Le 03/10/2016 à 20:57, Marc Chamberlin a écrit :

[...]

I had to modify the command to start the James server slightly to point the jar file to what I believe is the correct location. Please verify that my command I issued is correct. That resulted in what appears to be 6 repetitions of an error that seems to center around "cassandra.port" Because these walkbacks are so long I will only show the first one. Got any ideas on what I have done wrong? Marc.....

bigbang:/james/docker/james-project # java -Dworking.directory=dockerfiles/run/guice/destination/conf -jar server/container/guice/cassandra-guice/target/james-server-cassandra-guice-3.0.0-beta5-SNAPSHOT.jar
The error is really not helpful but it looks like you you should define working.directory to dockerfiles/run/guice/destination/ or even $PWD/dockerfiles/run/guice/destination/ (removing trailing conf name and maybe providing a absolute path).

Maybe I am making progress, I removed the trailing conf and modified the command to start the server as shown -

java -Dworking.directory=$PWD/dockerfiles/run/guice/destination -jar server/container/guice/cassandra-guice/target/james-server-cassandra-guice-3.0.0-beta5-SNAPSHOT.jar

That seems to make it happy, but then I tried to add my domain using the following command and got a connection refused error -

java -jar server/container/cli/target/james-server-cli-3.0.0-beta5-SNAPSHOT.jar -h 127.0.0.1 -p 9999 adddomain mydomain.com Error connecting to remote JMX agent : Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]

Out of curiosity, why don't you run the docker image of James ?

Uh Because I don't know how??? I am basically following the instructions on the website at https://james.apache.org/server/3/quick-start-cassandra.html
I have gotten to Step 5.  Did I take a wrong turn somewhere?

   Marc....

--
"The Truth is out there" - Spooky