On 10/1/07, Eric Newcomer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think there's confusion between the design of something and a technology
> paradigm.
>
> If you look at object orientation, that's the paradigm name and the design
> name is object oriented design.
>
> Similarly, service orientation is the paradigm name (and technologies can be
> service oriented) and the design name is confusingly called service oriented
> architecture.

That's fine.  But earlier you said;

] Yes, to use the word "architecture" for both REST and SOA is not really
] correct.  I mean REST is defined in the context of software system
] architectures, while SOA is the name of a style of IT design, or an
approach to
] IT.  It is not the same thing at all, and trying to compare them is not really
] appropriate, IMHO.

So can we agree that one *can* compare REST to SOA, just not to
"service orientation"?

Mark.