As  I've written before, under high boost, WOT, fourth or fifth  gear
conditions, my Omni glht will pull me off line, to either side. It  feels like
I have lost control of my steering. I can hardly correct it,  unless I get off
the gas. Is it possible my steering rack could be worn  out? A good friend
told
me these may be the symptoms of worn out worm  gears in the steering rack. All
suspension parts are near new, and tight,  and I have gone to near stock wheel
alignment settings. Also...does  anyone have experience with shimming their
steering  rack?

Hi
I had my steering rack come loose (1986 GLHS) which gave me the same  thing,
uncontrollable steering  .  I also ripped the dog bone mount  right off the A
frame. Too much HP too little car LOL

Roy
86  GLHS #200
87 Shelby Lancer #781 5sp cloth