As I've written before, under high boost, WOT, fourth or fifth gear
conditions, my Omni glht will pull me off line, to either side. It feels like
I have lost control of my steering. I can hardly correct it, unless I get off
the gas. Is it possible my steering rack could be worn out? A good friend told
me these may be the symptoms of worn out worm gears in the steering rack.
I'll echo what Joe said here. Check to make sure that everything associated with the steering is bolted down. I've had the bolts from the rack itself to the frame come loose on an '84 Laser. Gets pretty squirrelly. Check (or recheck as the case may be) all the bolts first. That's at least the cheap thing to check, and also the most likely candidate in my mind.

later...
                                                               Jarvis
-|---