Does it have the one long and one short axle? Sounds like what mine does because of torque steer, but a little more severe.

Dave Krulitsky wrote:
As I've written before, under high boost, WOT, fourth or fifth gear
conditions, my Omni glht will pull me off line, to either side. It feels like
I have lost control of my steering. I can hardly correct it, unless I get off
the gas. Is it possible my steering rack could be worn out? A good friend told
me these may be the symptoms of worn out worm gears in the steering rack. All
suspension parts are near new, and tight, and I have gone to near stock wheel
alignment settings. Also...does anyone have experience with shimming their
steering rack?

Dave Krulitsky
1986 glht2, 2.5 etc.