Dan , today OXFAM produced a report stating that the Iraqi Govt ( a creation of the US Govt ) is failing to provide water, food , sanitation and shelter for 8 ( EIGHT ) MILLION people - every single day. I doubt that powering up a walkman " or whatever they use these days " is on the top of their priority list but it is a happy thought - thanks- Richard
On 30/07/2007, at 15:08, Dan Nave wrote:

If you are just going for a colloidal silver maker in Iraq, you do not
need batteries.
There is plenty of reliable sun.  You just need a solar cell and a
current limit circuit.

The batteries will just cause more expense and they will probably be
taken out for
a more important purpose, like powering up the walkman or whatever they
use
these days...

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan B. Britten [mailto:jbrit...@cc.nakamura-u.ac.jp]
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 11:23 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Generators for Iraqi Refugees

Maybe simple is best. You can't get simpler than four 9-V ni-cad solar
rechargeable batteries.

The only really desirable addition would be the electronics to produce
automatic shutoff and  constant current.

Constant current, in my personal experience, makes a big difference.
Without that, there's a sudden surge  that produces a big cloud of
particles before the device shuts off.