For various reasons I've bought and compared a few nebulizers lately.

The Transneb is a hand held unit. Its the most portable and quietest of the ones I tested. But its got some very small parts that I think could be easily lost or broken. Its definitely not something that can easily be used by someone with poor dexterity. I wouldn't buy this unless you REALLY needed a compact,very portable unit
http://www.portablenebs.com/omronelite.htm

Omron has a unit similar to the above that I didn't buy but i think it would have similar characteristics.
http://www.qualitymedicalsupplies.com/page/QMS/PROD/RE-NB/73-NEC30

The Compair NEC-28 is solid and a bargain price. Its a little noisy and pretty big (about half a shoe box) but its a good unit for someone who doesn't need portability. Its easy to use and the bits and pieces that have to be cleaned and assembled are relatively durable and sturdy.
http://www.portablenebs.com/omroncompair.htm
http://www.quickmedical.com/omron/respiratory/ nec28_compair_compressor.html

The Omrom NE-C30 is the one I would buy if I HAD to buy a nebulizer to deliver prescription medicines. Although it looks very similar to the NEC-28 above, its actually quite a lot smaller and a little quieter. Its simple to use. Basically it appears to be an advanced and shrunken version of the NEC-28. The basic unit is pretty fair value. It also has assorted optional extra features such a battery pack but they are expensive. http://www.quickmedical.com/omron/respiratory/nec30-compair-elite- portable-compressor-nebulizer.html

All of the units above are available with a mouthpiece and masks. Obviously there are dozens of other brands and models of medical nebulisers available that may be better or worse than the ones I tested.

BUT BY FAR THE MOST CONVENIENT 'NEBULIZER OF ALL for colloidal silver delivery is still the MEDISANA Ultrasonic Humidifier.

http://www.medisanausa.com/products/humidifier.aspx
Strictly speaking its not a nebulizer at all but it serves the same purpose beautifully. The best thing about it is that you can just leave it set up permanently on a shelf and turn it on and off as needed. Unlike a proper nebuliser, it doesn't have to be dismantled and cleaned after each use.

All you do is switch it on, put your face near the spout and inhale the mist for a minute or two. With this machine its very easy to have numerous inhalation sessions throughout the day because there is no set-up time. You just have a puff each time you walk past it. You can even leave it going for hours to totally humidify a room with CS. Its almost totally silent and runs for about 8 hours on a fill. You could CS therapy while you sleep! (Note that this is cold ultrasonic humidifier. It's not a steam vaporizer.)

Its about the size of a teapot and looks pretty cool so it doesn't look like some 'embarrassing' medical gadget. Most kids would be perfectly happy to use this. Its much nicer than having a mask strapped to your face.

I can't stress enough how much easier the Medisana is to use than any nebulizer. Because its so nice and easy to use, and can be permanently set up, you'll find that it will be used much more often than something that needs to be unpacked and assembled. And the more often its used the more likely it is to work!

I believe the Medisana is pretty widely available in the US. Check out Amazon, and maybe Walmart. I've had mine here in Australia for a couple of years and its proven to be as reliable as it is handy. But its not currently available over here. I had to get mine sent from the States and I power it with my own 12vDC transformer.

I hope this is useful info for you.

Regards
David

(And thanks to Ode Coyote for his help on this project).