Andy, I forgot to say that I found out in my 'studies' what that flat spot represents on an LED as well...DUH!! I am astonished at how I could have been playing around with CS for so long not having a clue what I am doing, basically, and only going on colour and meter! But it has worked for me though, (well, I believe it has). lol.

----- Original Message ----- From: <ascottsil...@aol.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 5:38 PM
Subject: Re: CS>TO WHOM IT CONCERNS.

Hi Neville,

Most LEDs need a resistor in series with them to limit the current and keep them from blowing up. Most common LEDs use about 10 to 20 milliamps. Unless you have more than one resistor in your setup you are cooking at what I would consider a pretty high current limit. People seem to like clear or yellow CS. When it turns gold or pink it means you are running it too long or you have
un-pure water. You have a  DVM and ohms law so you should know what to do.
Personally I like to slow brew  at about 1 ma or less.

Hope this helps,
Andy

In a  message dated 9/5/2008 3:06:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,