For the high voltage generation of CS, you use very small electrodes, not large ones. You use large ones for low voltage CS. The trick it to get the high density of silver ions away from the electrode before they can aggregate sufficiently. For low voltage that is done by Browning movement and stirring, thus the very limited 1 mA per square inch. For high voltage systems, you want a huge gradient near the electrode, so that the ions are sucked away from the electrode by the electric field. I am not sure what size you would want for 500 volts, but for 10,000 volts I found that the electrodes should be about .03 square inch each. With the system I was using with 100 mA of current, that gave a density of about 3 amps per square inch. I am not sure 450 volts is enough to provide the necessary gradient to prevent larger particle size. The way I kept the electrode that small was to feed some 14 gauge silver wire into glass tubes, and only allow about 1/8 inch to protrude from the end under the water. Then I mounted it so that the tip of the two electrodes were about 1 inch apart. You may find that keeping it cool is a problem because of the high power.

Marshall

Pierre Genton wrote:
Thanks for the warning about the cap. I made sure I discharged that before going into the electronics too far.

 Yes, I heard that the microwave electronics produced pulsed DC.
At this stage I am looking for evidence of the system being able to produce small enough particles before I have a large electrode fabricated just for the purpose. Just seems I couldn't make a big enough electrode practically to be able to make small particles but I don't really know.

Boy sure would be good to make a fine quality CS this way since it is so fast at a quart under 2 minutes . However safety and quality are the main requirements for any system and product.