From: MaryAnn Helland [mailto:marmar...@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 12:12 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Fungal toenails

Well, I thought I'd give you'all an update on my self-treatment with
Atomodine and DMSO.

As you know, I'm not starting with a missing toenail (as did Arthur), but
with my toenails intact.  I mixed the Atomodine and DMSO 50/50 in a dropper
bottle, and use this to soak the pad part of a bandaid each nite.  I place
the bandaid on each big toe.  The pad of a bandaid is larger than my
toenail, so some of the wetted pad necessarily rests against the skin on the
sides of the toenail, and sometimes on the cuticle as well.

So this is what has happened so far (less than a week into this
experiment).  Both big toenails are stained orange (as well as my thumbnail,
which I am also treating).  The Atomodine/DMSO mixture in the eyedropper
bottle is also turning orange, even though it started out clear.  The skin
around the toenails is drying up and starting to flake off.  The surface of
each toenail is beginning to bubble up.  Very wierd looking.  So far, my
thumbnail is not bubbling.

So -- something is going on -- what, I don't yet know.

On a side note, I took Ode's advice and filed down the surface of my
thumbnail -- to see if this would make any difference.  I haven't done that
with the toenails -- yet.  As things move along here, I'll make periodic
reports.
MA (guinea pig)

Archives: