Can you specifically tell me what in that paper cannot be explained by the known actions under such conditions of:

1. Small amounts of silver nitrate or silver oxide combined with HCl and converted to silver chloride which precipitated out except for about .8 ppm. 2. The colloid aggregated from the drop in pH and also precipitated out. Figure 5 indicates to me that the major conversion was from very small consistent sized particles to much broader and varying sized particles. The very small area under the curve of the HCl peaks tend to indicate that very very little HCl was formed, as would be expected if from residual nitrate or dissolved oxide, and the large increase in the "background" indicate that a broad spectrum of particle sizes were formed which is what would be expected if the particles aggregated and dropped out of the solution.

I think one should go by prosaic explanations first, and only resort to exotic explanations when the standard ones prove unsupported.

Marshall