Marshall,

You are correct, I meant Figure 4.
I did try and learn something about X-ray powder diffraction but was not
successful in the time I have. The numbers (111, 220) refer to planes of
atoms in a crystal. I found the following interesting:
http://prism.mit.edu/xray/BasicsofXRD.ppt

But it appears that you need a computer with a database to search for
the unique diffraction patterns for specific crystals. So I compared the
diffraction patterns in Figure 4 with those in Figure 1. The two planes
(200 and 222) identified in Figure 4 show up in Figure 1(b) at the same
2 theta angles as in Figure 4. So I felt that they did indeed represent
silver chloride.
Similarly Ag(111) in Figure 4 shows up at the 2 theta angle of 40. That
same (111) shows up in Figure 1(a) but not in Figure 1(b). I took this
to indicate Ag in Figure 1(a) but not in Figure 1(b).
There is a (111) in Figure 1(b) but it is at the wrong 2 theta angle for
silver so I assume it is some crystal other than Ag.

Admittedly this is somewhat simplistic but it is the best I can do under
the circumstances.

I am open to other information.

Thanks,
     Steve N