Hello Joy, and in answer to your question about filtering with a Brita - it is
yes, I did.   The results were that where the tap water after distilling--had a
reading of 0 on my TDS meter, after filtering the tap water first with a Brita,
it went up to 2.  I then distilled it again and it went up to 3.  My deduction
after this experiment was.....to just use cold tap water and then boil it
before distilling.  This results every time in a reading of 0 which can't be
bettered IMO.  It makes consistently clear CS.  dee PS I have to say here that
my tap water has a filter on the incoming supply, but it still reads 263 on the
TDS meter.

On 2 Jan 2011, at 07:12, beitharm...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you so much everyone for the info and the links. Much, much obliged. I
> can now start with making my own water and know the process as well from a-z.
> Good!
>
> Question for Dee,
>
> Did you ever filter the water with a Brita for example, for the water being
> used in the machine?
>
> Good health to all,
> Joy

Archives: