From: Lena Guyot <drumr...@stny.rr.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Mon, November 12, 2012 2:00:50 PM
Subject: Re: CS>Muscle spasms :more input, FWIW

I'm just getting through shingles, and there's a thing called post-herpetic
neuralgia which is gnawing muscle spasm that feels like rats are eating their
way into my back. Nasty stuff.

Years ago, I read Pain Erasure, (Bonnie Prudden was involved in its
publication.
It posited the issue of trigger points: areas of 'dead', damaged muscle,
surrounded by other muscles working overtime to compensate.

I think, no matter what the initial cause for the original muscle problem, this
could contribute to the other issues later on. They mentioned finding the
trigger-points (easy: when you hit a knot of excruciating pain, that's one!)
Then press with an elbow into that knot (awful, simply awful) gathering
pressure
for a few minutes until it's completely unbearable and then, just as gradually,
easing up on the pressure. This allows blood flow to reawaken the 'dead' spot
and help it begin to restore itself.

I tried this this weekend and though it was the last thing I wanted to do, I
could feel warmth and energy and an nasty itchiness return to what had been a
nightmarish pain. Now the scale of pain is ramping down, slowly.

This is not to say that mag. and pot. and whatever else you do isn't VERY
important, but just to suggest that a mechanical help might be in order too.

I wish anyone with this sort of pain the very best of recovery as it's truly
wretched and makes life very difficult. Just sitting here, writing this, is
making it all attempt a comeback!

Be well,
Léna

Hey Dave