Using less water and letting it get dark would make less ionic and more
coloidal (particlulate)solution.
 If you brew longer to make color the result is agglomeration. (formation
of larger particles) , that is why I make a normal batch, then remove the
water to what I want for strength. If this process caused agglomeration the
solution would not go back to clear when the water is added back in as
adding water wouldn't break up the agglomerated particles and it would
still show as color.
Dave