Hi Garnet, I've finally got around to posting the results of my DMSO/urea
test.
I started by diluting the DMSO 50%  with distilled water. Next I made up a
saturated solution of urea in distilled water then added 10% of this to the
diluted DMSO. After a couple of days I could detect no fall off in the smell
so increased the urea mix to 20% with the same results :-(

Not sure what  to try next.

Cheers,  Roger
http://lbarker.orcon.net.nz/index1.html