From: "sol" <sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com>

> I am going to try to be polite: I seriously doubt anyone knows
thousands
> of people well enough to make that kind of conclusion about any
> correlation between diet and arthritis. It certainly fits my
definition
> of "jumping to conclusions" to say that a vegetarian diet does not
cause
> arthritis in any individual, or to say a vegetarian diet is best for
> every human. I think my statement that a vegetarian diet is not best
for
> everyone far less of a sweeping conclusion, but then I don't think
every
> one is the same.

Though the science of Metabolic Balancing is probably still in it's
infancy, there is a lot to be learned right now about what kind of diet
suits the individual. I'll jump "part way" to a conclusion with a pretty
good idea that most people who get any form of "itis" are probably
unbalanced in the autonomic nervous system. It's the parasympathetic
side that gets dominant (or stressed, depending upon which nutritional
guru you're following).
Every metabolic balancing practitioner would tell a parasympathetic
dominant patient that they *must* eat meat to get back to a balance.
Patients with this imbalance would also be advised to steer clear of
high potassium foods as they would exacerbate this imbalance and the
conditions that tend to go with it (allergies are frequently also found
with this imbalance, and asthma is 100% a parasymp dominance).

The blood typing diets, though sneered at by many in the orthodox as
well as alternate health fields, also provide a clue. Dr D'Adamo asserts
that the only blood type that can comfortably be a vegetarian is Type A.
I believe a lot more research is in order here, though. I have read of
Type As who go on a locarb, meat eating diet, who swear they've never
felt better.

Just my 2 cents for the day

Sharon