I have chronic back pain.  For many years (15 or more?) I have seen a
chiropractor on a regular basis -- twice a month -- for maintenance and more
frequently, if necessary.  Several months ago, I started taking yoga classes --
once a
week.  I can tell you that this has made an enormous difference, both in my
comfort on a daily basis and in my ability to do *normal* workloads without
stressing my back.  I'm sure the chiropractor could do as good a job if I went
him once a week, by the yoga classes cost me one-fifth what my chiropractor
charges -- and my chiropractor is way cheaper than most.  So, for me, the yoga
classes have been an excellent investment in time and money.  Last night,
during my yoga class, I heard my vertabrae *pop* several times as they
realigned
themselves.  When that happens in the chiropractor's office, he is VERY pleased
and says *ah-HAH*!!!   So, last night when I heard them pop, I said a silent
*ah-hah* to myself!!   And today my back feels WONDERFUL!!!  I'm recovering
from doing myself in shoveling snow two weeks ago, without requiring extra
trips
to the chiropractor!      MA