Some years ago I was treated in hospital for this; there was an epidemic. Tens of thousands were infected. Fortunately most cases were mono-lobar, i.e., involving one lung only, else the fatality rate would likely have been much higher.

It is a very serious condition. It does respond to antibiotics, usually, but takes a long time to clear up completely.

Interestingly, one doctor who checked my lungs asked about contact with birds such as parrots. This was many years ago, before all the bird-flu talk; birds have been a well-known vector for quite a long time.

Knowing what I know now, I would attempt the alternative protocols discussed on this list, but would not forego the standard treatment if it is working.

Mycoplasmas are nasty;  get good medical supervision, I would say.