Unfortunately no one has yet offered any advice for building
SystemImager (trunk version) on CentOS 6.2.  Out of desperation I tried
to build the trunk version on the RHEL 5.8 server where we have used
SystemImager 4.1.7 successfully for years.

Again, the SI trunk version fails to build on RHEL 5.8 :-(  The kernel
configuration again asks a number of configuration questions, but I just
choose the default values to proceed.  Finally, the build process
crashed at this stage:

cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/systemimager-4.3.0/initrd_source/src && tar
-xvJf gzip-1.4.tar.xz
tar: invalid option -- J
Try `tar --help' or `tar --usage' for more information.
make: ***
[/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/systemimager-4.3.0/initrd_source/src/gzip-1.4.unpack]
Error 64

The problem is the file gzip-1.4.tar.xz which can't be unpacked on
RHEL5/CentOS5 because the tar command on such systems don't know the .xz
type of compression (tar -J command).

Could someone knowledgeable about the SI trunk kindly replace the
gzip-1.4.tar.xz package by the similar gzip-1.4.tar.gz package and
change the -J flag into -z ?

Thanks a lot,
Ole