Hi Brian,

Great news to make SALI into SystemImager. It's better for both teams to join
forces because we want to accomplish the same goal.

On 27 nov. 2012, at 18:10, Brian Elliott Finley

I've created the initial repo.  Bas -- what do you need from me to move the
code from SourceForce to github?

Currently we started the development of version 1.6 and it's far from finished.
So as initial import to the git we can use the branch 1.5.

And probally the easiest way to migrate our source code to the SystemImager git
repo is to fork your repo. From there we can import our branch 1.5 to the
forked git repo. And finally send you a pull request?

Regards,

Dennis

https://github.com/finley/systemimager

Thanks!

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Brian Elliott Finley
I think a move to github would be a fine idea.

As for the SystemConfigurator functionality, I'd like to use the SystemImager
post-script functionality.  It will allow us to
  - include simple scripts upstream, that could be used as-is for simple and
common cases
  - these simple scripts could be easily customized by site admins, without
having to know SystemImager internals
  - a simple script could be used to invoke puppet, chef, or SSM (Simple State
Manager - http://download.systemimager.org/pub/ssm/README)

Cheers, -Brian

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Bas van der Vlies