Ole, you're perfectly right,

Looking at
https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/pdf/Package_Manifest/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-6-Package_Manifest-en-US.pdf
 I see none of the required packages.
Wow, this is realy wired. no static libc in RHEL6?. So no way to create a
static binary from RHEL6?

Regarding the spec file from
http://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS/glibc-2.12-1.80.el6_3.6.src.rpm
 , the static package should be built. Did redhat removed it by hand?

Regarding device-mapper-devel, the package is created from
http://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS/lvm2-2.02.72-8.el6_0.4.src.rpm
=> Same as above? did redhat removed the package?

And, as you said, the gperf package has an src.rpm.but no binary and not in the
list of rhel6 packages.....

As for the real requirements, I think they are all required
unfortunately:(though maybe I'm wrong and maybe we could modify source to avoid
those requirements; honestly I can't tell for now)

1/ GPERF:
./initrd_source/build_dir/lib/modules/2.6.34.1-boel_v4.3.0/build/scripts/kconfig/Makefile:#
 The following requires flex/bison/gperf

2/ DEVICE-MAPPER-DEVEL:
./autoconf/configure.ac:AC_CHECK_HEADERS([libdevmapper.h],[have_libdevmapper=yes])

3/ GLIBS-STATIC:
./build_dir/lib/modules/2.6.34.1-boel_v4.3.0/build/kernel/exit.c: * implemented
by calling sys_wait4() from libc.a.

I'm confident that if you rpmbuild --rebuild the missing packages (glibc, lvm2
and gperf), you should obtain the missing packages. I understand that it's not
a perfect situation, but for now I'm afraid that it's the way to go.

Maybe redhat has other optional repositories available? Looking at the packages
list, only 3 static packages. maybe all static packages are on a specific
repository? Or maybe redhat has removed most of them because of that:
http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/rhel6/rhel_6_developer_guide/rhel_6_developer_lib.compatibility.static.html
(I'm sorry, I don't even have a single redhat system since V4 as I had poor
experience with support and things like this one, though I can easily
understand that rhel is mandatory for you)

hope this helps a little bit.

Best regards,

Olivier.
--