Julian,

I used Windows XP to connect to my slide server running under tomcat
(localhost). But the web folders idea in Windows 2000, I am not sure.
Does win2k o/s supports connecting as a webdav client? Then what's the
difference between web folder idea and webdav client support in windows
xp? I thought only windows xp can do. Would you confirm?

--- Ashik

> Jacob Lund wrote:
> > The only problem with microsoft webfolders i XP is that it does not
convert
> > back from UTF8 to local when it is presented in the explorer! Then
encoding
> > is correct because when I open the file (eg a .doc) by
doubleclicking on it,
> > then word and/or IE shows the correct decoded characters!
>
> So are you talking about Webfolders or the WebDAV redirector? Note that
> XP has two different clients, with completely distinct sets of bugs.
> The webfolders should work just as in Windows 2000-
>
> > Maybe you know - does webfolders use the DAV:displayname for
filenames? If
> > so then that is why there is a problem! DAV:displayname is correct
encoded
> > but not escaped in the propfind response!
>
> Some Webfolder versions try to use the displayname. This is currently
> being removed again because it doesn't work (for instance, the client is
> issueing MOVEs against the URI of the parent collection + the
displayname).

> Julian
>
> --

Regards,