Muhammad Ashikuzzaman wrote:

Julian,

I used Windows XP to connect to my slide server running under tomcat
(localhost). But the web folders idea in Windows 2000, I am not sure.
Does win2k o/s supports connecting as a webdav client? Then what's the
difference between web folder idea and webdav client support in windows
xp? I thought only windows xp can do. Would you confirm?

I'm not sure I understand your question.

The webfolder client is a combination of a data access provider and an explorer extension, lives in MSDAIPP.DLL ans ships with Windows and Office. Therefore the version that you have may vary on both OS and client applications being installed.

The "XP WebDAV Mini-Redirector" is a filesystem driver that is completely independant of the webfolder client.

Julian