kosh_ac wrote:
> First of all thanks for the advice!
>
> What I do not understand is that my problem is with loosing connection
> to mysqueezebox.com! My WLAN connection is still up and under WLAN
> information the data shows no problem at all!
>
> Or am I missing something?
>
> Regards

There's a similar issue reported here, on post #12

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?112167-Wi-Fi-6/page2

And the poster seems to thinks it's when he has wifi 6 enabled on a
nearby access point.

It would seem from reading all the forum reports that there's an issue
within the firmware and/or drivers of the Squeezebox Radio that under
certain weaker signal conditions or due to external interference the
wifi ends up in a sort of hung state, one user working on the issue felt
that the Atheros driver got into a uni-directional state - traffic
outbound on the IP layer but nothing inbound. (aidy_w -
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?115124-Work-around-for-SqueezeBoxRadio-wifi-drop-out.
)

At present there is no simple fix, updated drivers and firmware are not
available and it seems there are multiple causes, from poor wifi signal,
signal interference (wifi 6 or other), wifi auto channel selection
through to incompatibility with some newer wifi features (fast roaming
for example) and probably more.

There are various fixes/workarounds...
Wlanpoke (script to monitor the connection and restart it if needed)
seems to work for some, but not for all,
I tried the aidy_w script (in link above) but it did not work for me.
Turning off some advanced wifi 6 features have worked for some, but
obviously only if you have control of the wifi 6 device, if it's a
neighbours device that is causing the interference then you can not do
that.
If you cannot resolve the "interference" and you do not need to use the
Radio as a portable on battery, then using a mini router in bridge mode
to do the wifi bit and connect the SB radio to the mini router using
ethernet wired (Vonets VAP11 or TP Link TL-WR802N) has worked for some.
Other things to check - your wifi is using a fixed channel and will not
auto change channel.

And finally to show just how complicated this can be...

After many years of running a Squeezebox Radio on wireless without
problems, I started to get the locked on red wifi symbol, I had changed
nothing, initially I just rebooted the Radio to fix, but at some stage I
also noticed I couldn't get on the wireless access point web
configuration when the Radio had a red wifi... So I thought I had a
failing access point.
I replaced the access point, but the red wifi issues remained, I was
beginning to think a neighbour had upgraded to wifi 6, but I then
noticed I couldn't web access a second access point (which was much
further away from the Radio) - when I rebooted that access point the
Radio connected to it (still red wifi though).
So why wasn't the Radio connecting to the access point that was much
closer?

It turns out there was a setting deep within the access point (Draytek
Vigor AP910C) that monitored the channel it was on for interference,
once the interference was over a threshold, despite being configured for
a fixed channel, the access point switched to auto channel and changed
to a channel with less interference, (seems the SB Radio doesn't like a
dynamic channel change) and to make it worse sometimes it chose channel
13 - which I don't think is supported on the last supported Logitech
firmware for SB Radio. Whatever was going between the Radio and the
access point on at this stage it stopped the access point from
responding on its web ui for quite a while.

Anyway to resolve my issue, in my access points I've had to disable the
change to auto channel, disable channel 13 and disable the Squeezebox
Radio mac address on the two access points that are further away - thus
forcing the Radio to only use the nearest access point.

Since then It's been very stable although I still get a red wifi if
using the microwave oven, it recovers when the microwave stops, it
didn't do this on the original access point - which also indicated a
stronger signal, so when I get the chance I'll re-fit the original.
So after many weeks troubleshooting it looks like my issue was just a
wifi interference tolerance issue made worse by how the access point was
configured to behave when it exceeded its interference threshold... I'd
changed nothing, so it must have been an increase in 2.4Ghz "noise" in
the area.

Now back to your problem... I mentioned wifi 6 interference because you
said you had moved... so you are in a new environment, you've probably
eliminated your own wifi access point/router configuration by using your
phone's wifi hotspot, but any interference in your new location will
remain in play regardless of you using wifi or phone hotspot.
You could maybe prove this by taking the Radio to another location and
using your phone hotspot, if that works without any red wifi, then it
looks like the issue will be something in your new environment. Then
back in you new home you could try the phone hotspot and if possible
turn off your wifi/router completely for a while - see if it is that
causing the interference.

Sorry to carry on in english in the german forum, but wasn't convinced
the google translation would be good.

Kev