At 08:08 PM 3/17/2004, you wrote:
What is the number after Polled waited:

That is the number of milliseconds the persistent server waited to poll the working directory for more jobs. This number will increase each time no jobs are found. When a job is found the persistent server will not wait before looking for the next job - so you will only see these messages when the persistent server finds no messages to process.

I also noticed that when many emails are coming in I still see multiple
Sniffer.exe programs running.

That is normal. Each message being processed will load an instance of Sniffer. With the persistent server running all of the other instances should elect to be clients so they will simply record a job record (xxxx.QUE) and wait for the server instance to process their message (xxxx.FIN). Then they will pick up the result and exit - reporting the result back to the calling program.

Client instances take very little memory and spend most of their time sleeping so they require very few CPU or IO resources.